COmpleted Financial Aid Package Affecting Wiatlist Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lordank

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DOes anybody know if completeing the finanical aid stuff help you in getting into the shcool? My gut feeling is NO, but if anyone has a more concrete answer please respond...

Members don't see this ad.

I would also lean toward no, esp since many schools don't give you FA stuff to fill out until you've already been accepted...

i should have made this clearer...in regard to waitlisted applicants

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, it's kinda of funny you bring it up because I was worried about the same thing - though now that I think about it, I'm not sure if this is what you mean. I went ahead and filled out my FAFSA this weekend for my two wailtlist schools in the hope that another sighting of my name sliding across the appropriate desk might push things in the right direction. Nothing more than a futile attempt on my part to exact control on this uncontrollable process. :)

-Stick
Each day that passes, the attraction to press that new Certify button on my 2005 AMCAS gets stronger.

lordank said:
i should have made this clearer...in regard to waitlisted applicants

Right, I get that. All I was saying is that not all schools make financial aid info available to waitlisted applicants.

Also, the FA info doesn't go through the same people as does acceptance info, so once again, it seems like it wouldn't make any difference.