Completed gen chem, should I start TBR now during summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nad7vx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys I just completed general chem (I and II) in my academic year (just finished 1st year). I was wondering if you guys think it is a good idea to start the content review from TBR during this summer just so I can get experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I really don't think that should be your focus during summer freshman year. If you really want to do something to benefit your likelihood of getting into med school, I would advice you to volunteer, do leadership, research, earn $$ etc...
For the MCAT, you could probably start studying summer of sophomore year and you would still be way ahead of the curve (If you're planning to take it as a junior/end of summer). If you do really want to study, I would start ochem. That way you'll get better at gen chem and do better in your classes as well.

hey guys I just completed general chem (I and II) in my academic year (just finished 1st year). I was wondering if you guys think it is a good idea to start the content review from TBR during this summer just so I can get experience?
You wanna study for the mcat after your freshman year...Amazing. It's too early IMO.

thanks for the advice. I have currently secured 150 hours of research with 3 labs and I have around 30 hours of shadowing secured for the summer. I also plan to work on my campus bookstore to make some money. And lastly at the end of my first year I secured 3 leadership positions in 3 different organizations for my second year and hope to sustain that through out my years in college.

Do you guys feel that I have set myself up properly for my med school app?

Members don't see this ad :)