Nov 21, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
hey guys I just completed general chem (I and II) in my academic year (just finished 1st year). I was wondering if you guys think it is a good idea to start the content review from TBR during this summer just so I can get experience?

railgun

5+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
I really don't think that should be your focus during summer freshman year. If you really want to do something to benefit your likelihood of getting into med school, I would advice you to volunteer, do leadership, research, earn $$ etc...
For the MCAT, you could probably start studying summer of sophomore year and you would still be way ahead of the curve (If you're planning to take it as a junior/end of summer). If you do really want to study, I would start ochem. That way you'll get better at gen chem and do better in your classes as well.

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
May 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
hey guys I just completed general chem (I and II) in my academic year (just finished 1st year). I was wondering if you guys think it is a good idea to start the content review from TBR during this summer just so I can get experience?
You wanna study for the mcat after your freshman year...Amazing. It's too early IMO.

OP
N
Nov 21, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
thanks for the advice. I have currently secured 150 hours of research with 3 labs and I have around 30 hours of shadowing secured for the summer. I also plan to work on my campus bookstore to make some money. And lastly at the end of my first year I secured 3 leadership positions in 3 different organizations for my second year and hope to sustain that through out my years in college.

Do you guys feel that I have set myself up properly for my med school app?