Oct 31, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello All,

I need advice about what I should do. I'm in the quarter system and taking the 2nd of the 3 part series right now and taking the 3rd and final part during the summer. That being said, should I still apply to Medical School this year or will I be at a disadvantage for not fully completing o-chem prior to submitting the application.

Thanks!!

jboz

Removed
Mar 21, 2010
Status
a very small amount of schools require you to have completed your prereqs prior to applying, however MOST schools just prefer you to complete the prereqs prior to matriculating.

But what about the MCAT broski? Did you already take it?

In short, don't sweat it. amirite?

cpants

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Prior to completing orgo? I did it, and then finished orgo over the summer exactly as you are contemplating doing. It ended up working out for me, but I don't recommend it.

Oct 31, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Prior to completing orgo? I did it, and then finished orgo over the summer exactly as you are contemplating doing. It ended up working out for me, but I don't recommend it.
Any reason why you wouldn't recommend it?

cpants

10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Any reason why you wouldn't recommend it?
There is a good amount of orgo on the test, and if you know the orgo well they are the easy points. I pulled off a 9 on the BS, but after getting A's in the two Orgo's that summer after the test, I bet I could have gotten a 12+ on the BS. I don't regret it since I still ended up where I wanted to, but looking back, I realize it was a stupid idea.

JJMrK

J to the J
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The BS section of the MCAT is going to be very difficult without any ochem.