completing required courses after applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MahlerROCKS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I'm aware many of the courses that med school require as prereq's are ones whose material are on the MCAT's, these classes aren't always necessary for success on the MCAT. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to take certain classes, such as a semester of inorganic chem or a second semester of physics in the fall or spring of their senior year after they applied to schools in the summer going into their senior year.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

MahlerROCKS said:
While I'm aware many of the courses that med school require as prereq's are ones whose material are on the MCAT's, these classes aren't always necessary for success on the MCAT. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to take certain classes, such as a semester of inorganic chem or a second semester of physics in the fall or spring of their senior year after they applied to schools in the summer going into their senior year.

Thanks

Just as long as they're done b4 you enter ms, its fine

MahlerROCKS said:

Thanks

It's ok as long as you have it completed before you enter med school. In fact, UCSD sent me an e-mail on Friday asking if I was going to take their pre-requisite 1 year of math. I called them as soon as I got the e-mail asking them how they wanted me to inform them of my upcoming math schedule. Once I e-mailed them I received the secondary. So there is not penalty to finishing up the coursework while you apply.

And there is always summer school before starting medical school.