USMLE/COMLEX Complications in Pharmacology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kissprep.com

Vendor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you find to be the hardest part in studying Pharmacology? Trying to memorize or understanding?

Members don't see this ad.

When I was taught Pharmacology, I was told to memorize buzz words. Well if there are a million drugs, I have to memorize a million buzz words. Well, I memorized buzz words for the minis and barely passed, but when it came to the finals.... I forgot most of them. So that's not on the list. Understanding and seeing patterns is the way to go!

The "memorization" was the hardest part of Pharm for me BY FAR!! Once I was exposed to mechanisms of action, naming patterns, and the physiologic basis of pharmacology, the memorization of the details actually became EASIER.

When I was taught Pharmacology, I was told to memorize buzz words. Well if there are a million drugs, I have to memorize a million buzz words. Well, I memorized buzz words for the minis and barely passed, but when it came to the finals.... I forgot most of them. So that's not on the list. Understanding and seeing patterns is the way to go!
Kiss Prep is all about understanding and seeing patterns. Check out some of our videos to see for yourself. Great feedback :)