1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

composite letter or individual professor letters?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gobiz, Aug 13, 2002.

1. gobiz

gobiz Member
    7+ Year Member

I am done with the application procedure other than pre-med committee letter and I am dying to wait for committee letter...
    It will be printed out late September...

I am likely to be finished with all application by late August or early September if I send each professor letters to schools...

I don't want to be nervous with incomplete application...

Do you guys want to give any advice? Which is better, late committee letter or somewhat early individual professor letters?

Do we have to prepare for committee letter? How much more effective and persuasive is the committee letter than each professor letter?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UBTom

UBTom Class '04 official geezer
    10+ Year Member

From my previous experience of applying to dental schools, it seems the committee letter would be a good thing to have.

If I was in your shoes, I'd do both-- Get your professors' letters in first then wait leisurely for the committee letters. The name of the game is cover all bases and leave nothing to chance.

Good luck!

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Committee letters are always a bonus in many ways. For example, many schools require 2 science prof. letters, but I didn't have those because I am an English major. Those same schools accept a committee letter, however. In my situation, it made it much easier for me.

By the way, you should talk your preprofessional committee into doing letters earlier in the year. Our committee interviewed us in February, and had the letters complete (with the exception of DAT scores) by May.