Composite not bad-but butchered the math

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Willis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just go my scores today and, as I predicted, I totally butchered my math section. I did pretty well in the other sections, but should I retake the test and try to do better on the math. Did my other scores offset the horrible math score, and I shouldn't worry about it?? I've always done bad in math and no matter how hard i study I always get a below average score.

My scores:
Verbal: 414 73 percentile
Biology: 435 91 percentile
Reading: 428 87 percentile
Quantitative: 393 42 percentile
Chemistry: 431 89 percentile
Composite: 420 84 percentile

I was also above the mean in the writing subsections. Just wondering what you all think.

Members don't see this ad.

I would retake it given that 42 can be improved without a great risk to the rest of your score. Your 84 can be be better with a Quantitative in the 60s or the 70s. However, this bad score is in math so your 84 and high science scores better offset that enough to make 84 a presentable score.

F.Y.I. to you and everybody else, please keep all score analysis requests to the "Yay! I got my PCAT Scores!" thread. This thread is going in there later on. Thanks.:)