COMP's Summer A&P Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yosh

Livin' in the WINDY CITY
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing from students who have taken the 3 week summer intro course to A&P at COMP and the 7 week crash course. I have taken physio but never anatomy. From what I have been told..they will "review" our files..and contact us if we are selected to participate in one of the two programs.
I would like to know if this 3 week or 7 week program is something worth doing. I would appreciate any input...

Members don't see this ad.

The 3 week course is a prep course for those students who may not be adequately prepared for GHA. The 7 week course is actually the GHA at lightning speed for those incoming students who have already taken some kind of human dissection course and have done well overally academically. Students who take the 3 week course are still required to take GHA in the fall and will hopefully do well as a result of the preparation--the 3 weeker covers terminology and study techniques, etc. Students who take the 7 week and score very well, do not have to take GHA in the fall, but are asked to tutor during the lab. Very cool option if you have anatomy experience and want to free up your fall schedule at the expense of 7 weeks of your summer. The 7 week course meets everyday all day!

ahhh thanks for clearing up the two options. personally, i think i'd rather take it easy this summer and travel a bit
biggrin.gif
see you guys in the fall!

pritbir

Members don't see this ad :)
SAPP and ISAC (3 & 7 wks respectively).
Summer Anatomy Preparation Program and
Intensive Summer Anatomy Course.
NO PHYSIOLOGY.
I took the latter and never regretted it nor do I know of any of my classmates who regretted it.

I recall from the interview they mentioned the competition for ISAC is pretty tough as there aren't many stops available for the program. I'm sure there are a lot of great reasons to apply to it if you have some anatomy experience. It'd be a nice change of pace to take it during the summer and help out your classmates during the anatomy sessions in the fall I'd think.. it sure wouldn't hurt in terms of being able to review the material by TA'ing.

As for me, I have no anatomy experience
frown.gif
so I believe the SAAP is a good choice for me. I think they said a good percentage of the incoming class usually take the course. Might give us a good chance to meet our peers as well, huh? Anyway, we should be getting some more info from the COMP admissions office in a week or two I think.