computer mcat august??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear that the computer based MCAT in august will not have orgo passages.. is this true? and if not, are there any differences? will compter test takers get their scores earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

karizma098 said:
I hear that the computer based MCAT in august will not have orgo passages.. is this true? and if not, are there any differences? will compter test takers get their scores earlier?

The CBT in August will be the exact same exam as the paper-based test. There will be no difference.

learss79 said:
The CBT in August will be the exact same exam as the paper-based test. There will be no difference.

Won't the time be reduced? :oops:

MDempress said:
Won't the time be reduced? :oops:

Same test, with choice of taking breaks and lunch. And less time on paperwork Those factors are the reason for a reduced time

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking the August CBT and I think it will be an advantage for me in several ways but I am concerned with one thing. I make lots of notations and circle key words\elements in all the passages. Does the CBT have any way to highlight parts of the text as you read the passages? Does anyone have any feedback on this? Is there a search (Like CTRL F in Firefox) where you can go to a word - I would actually doubt that. Any insight on this would be appreciated!!

Yes, it has ways to highlight, annotate... If you want to do a tutorial go to e-mcat and do 3R the electronic version of it. That is how the CBT will be. Yes, there is a way to search as well.