Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Computer MCAT Scaling

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by SAspursfan, Apr 27, 2007.

1. SAspursfan

Medical Student
    I'm sure this has probably been brought up a billion times, but does anyone else think that the MCAT got a whole lot easier now that it's computer based? I mean I walked out of there thinking I just destroyed the thing. And sure, I studied a lot more this time and expected to do much better than the first time, but I honestly felt I could have improved my score by ten points... that is, until it occured to me that the scores are scaled and therefore if everyone improves as much as you did, your score won't change much. What do you all think? For instance, are you going to have to get 100% on P.S. now to get a 15? (and I know every test is different, I'm just speaking in general).

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ILPsychDoc

Pre-Medical
    While I feel that the test format might be easier, I dont think it will greatly effect anyones raw score... maybe a max of 1-2 more correct answers.

When push comes to shove you either know that mitochondria are maternally inherited or you dont, test format wont change that. Your scores will still be pretty stable and comparable to everyone's scores. Just my .02.