Computerized MCATS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

hey all , is anyone planning on taking time starting in the next few weeks to study for the CBT mcats
if so what are you using to study..........same material as the paper mcats??????????? will AAMC put out a sch. of when its going to be offered

Members don't see this ad.

MSc44 said:
hey all , is anyone planning on taking time starting in the next few weeks to study for the CBT mcats
if so what are you using to study..........same material as the paper mcats??????????? will AAMC put out a sch. of when its going to be offered
a schedule has already been posted.

Computer-based MCAT Testing Dates for 2007

Saturday, January 27 (AM administration)
Monday, January 29 (PM administration)
Saturday, April 7 (AM administration)
Thursday, April 12 (PM administration)
Monday, April 16 (PM administration)
Friday, May 11 (PM administration)
Wednesday, May 16 (AM administration)
Friday, May 25 (AM administration)
Thursday, May 31 (PM administration)
Friday, June 15 (Dual administration)
Friday, July 13 (Dual administration)
Tuesday, July 24 (PM administration)
Monday, August 6 (AM administration)
Thursday, August 9 (Dual administration)
Tuesday, August 14 (PM administration)
Thursday, August 16 (AM administration)
Monday, August 20 (PM administration)
Friday, September 7 (PM administration)
Saturday, September 8 (AM administration)

oh boy...i'm just waiting for the "it's not mcatS!!! it's mcat!" people ;)

Which company is going to administer the computerized version? Thompson Prometric?

Members don't see this ad :)
kraxup said:
a schedule has already been posted.

Computer-based MCAT Testing Dates for 2007

Saturday, January 27 (AM administration)
Monday, January 29 (PM administration)
Saturday, April 7 (AM administration)
Thursday, April 12 (PM administration)
Monday, April 16 (PM administration)
Friday, May 11 (PM administration)
Wednesday, May 16 (AM administration)
Friday, May 25 (AM administration)
Thursday, May 31 (PM administration)
Friday, June 15 (Dual administration)
Friday, July 13 (Dual administration)
Tuesday, July 24 (PM administration)
Monday, August 6 (AM administration)
Thursday, August 9 (Dual administration)
Tuesday, August 14 (PM administration)
Thursday, August 16 (AM administration)
Monday, August 20 (PM administration)
Friday, September 7 (PM administration)
Saturday, September 8 (AM administration)

so is it the same material we should use studying wise??????
anything to make us more comfortable with the computer version
like the old AAMC paper exams to prepair for the faded out paper exam

The MCAT is the same written or CBT. You can use the AAMC tests. Just buy the ones on the computer, not the paper ones. The comp ones aren't the EXACT same format as the actual MCAT, but it was pretty close. I was happy I prepared with them. If you have any other questions I can help you with, feel free to PM.

I'm also a bit worried about the computerized version. Personally, I like writing things out on the side of a question and aruing my pt. I guess this will be better b/c shorter, but at what cost?

Anyone else in the boat to take the computer mcat?

I don't plan on taking the MCAT for 1-2 years, so I'll definately have to take the computerized version. I've been wondering though ... the essay portion will still be written right? It'd be unfair to have test-takers type out their essays.

salmanjafri said:
I don't plan on taking the MCAT for 1-2 years, so I'll definately have to take the computerized version. I've been wondering though ... the essay portion will still be written right? It'd be unfair to have test-takers type out their essays.

I'm pretty sure the essay is computerized as well, although, there is no spell check feature on the computer.

May I ask why a computerized essay would not be as good? Personally, I far enjoy typing things out than writing long-hand. Plus my hand cramps sometimes on those long essays. :(

the essay (i think it's only going to be one starting 07) is going to be typed on the comp.

Hey....Did you take the April MCAT? If so was it CBT? or wasthis even offered then? I am taking Aug CBT MCAT....I am not too worried as to the layout....just wonder if the questions will be more difficult or not, on account of having fewer in total. I like the idea of a shorter test as I feel I will stay more focused. (at least thats the idea anyway!) good luck to you Moe

Moedog said:
Hey....Did you take the April MCAT? If so was it CBT? or wasthis even offered then? I am taking Aug CBT MCAT....I am not too worried as to the layout....just wonder if the questions will be more difficult or not, on account of having fewer in total. I like the idea of a shorter test as I feel I will stay more focused. (at least thats the idea anyway!) good luck to you Moe
You won't have fewer questions. The exam will be identical to the paper one, except it's going to be in on the computer.

EddieIndy said:
You won't have fewer questions. The exam will be identical to the paper one, except it's going to be in on the computer.

I believe the CBT test is only going to be about 5 hours, so I think a good chunk of questions are disappearing (I want to say 20 per section? I can't remember but its on the AMCAS website). You get less time though so its prob the same amount of time per question as before.

Hi, I was browsing some posts and noticed that you had taken the CBMCAT, I was wondering how you did? I am taking it in Aug, and am taking practice tests as you did. Was this your first time taking the MCAT? Thanks in advance, Moe