Concern, frustration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoasterForce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I took AAMC8 today, didn't go so hot. But I did some research here on SDN and most seemed to agree it was the toughest of all the practice tests. The annoying thing is that I don't have any consistent areas of weakness. For example, in AAMC8 I was 1/4 in "Genetics" but 4/4 in the same subject in AAMC7. I don't really know what I should be going over. My test is a week away.

This is how I'm doing on the past few AAMC's
AAMC8: 10 PS / 9 V / 8 BS = 27
AAMC7: 11 PS / 9 V / 11 BS = 30
AAMC 6: 11 PS / 10 V / 11 BS = 32
AAMC 5: 10 PS / 9 V / 9 BS = 28

It seems that 9 and 10 are the best indicators, so I guess I'll see how those go. I mean does anyone have a gameplan as to what I should do this last week? After each test I sit down and agonizingly go through every question. But maybe I should do the Kaplan science review workshops now too?

I just hope this downward trend since AAMC6 doesn't continue. Any advice (encouragement?) would be GREATLY appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're a week away, forget about any content review.

What you need is confidence that you can do really well on test date...and you can.
Take 9 and 10 and review each, but go into them with a fire in your belly, with confidence.

I think you'll do just fine. There's no sense in freaking out a week away from your exam. Be confident!!!

Right man..relax. 32 is pretty good when combined with a good GPA. Don't burn yourself out.

i don't see why you shouldn't review on the last week...

1. that material you review will be fresh in your head
2. reviewing material can helps relieve stress

my test is tomorrow and I've been reviewing my (quite trivial) hormones today.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't see why you shouldn't review on the last week...

1. that material you review will be fresh in your head
2. reviewing material can helps relieve stress

my test is tomorrow and I've been reviewing my (quite trivial) hormones today.

OH GOD IT IS TM :cry:

I concur review random things you could see them on the exam.

I think you'll be fine. My AAMC 7 score dropped to a 28 (even though I had a 31, 31, 32 on my last three tests before it). I just went over the test and figured out what went wrong. After that, my AAMC scores went back up to a 33 and a 32. Don't let one practice test worry you too much; most people score near their AAMC average.