Concerned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wash13

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to dental school last year, and currently in the process of reapplying. I am just starting to get letters from dental schools wanting me to write the famous essay, Why I want to go to ...............(fill in blank with school). I was wondering if there is a web site that gives reviews of dental schools, so my essay would be a little more personal then just the standard essay.

Also I would like to known if dental schools look at past DAT scores. I did ok on my first attempt 18/20. However when I retook it, the power went out right before the test started. It resulted in a two-hour delay, needless to say my scores were bad, expect for Bio. I also received some weird scores and averages, so the ADA is reviewing them.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Wash13,

I would recommend buying a book by barrons: Essay's that will get you into Medical School (note even though it states medical school) it has 5 or 6 essays from dental applicants. Also, the best advice about researching schools is looking at their pamphlets, and websites and definately this forumn.

I'm from Washington as well. Good luck to you. I hope you already applied, it is getting late in the cycle.

DesiDentist

Wash13
You should go on www.predental.com
They have sample essays that you can read.
Good luck!