concerned

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by an MD someday, Aug 24, 2001.

1. an MD someday

an MD someday Member

What kinds of additional courses besides bio & chemistry etc. enhances your overall science backround as a premed? (i.e. biochemistry, microbiology)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Some sort of public health or ethics course perhaps. A specialty class...i took one on cancer...something like that...just have fun while in undergrad. Look at the range of classes offered. Go through everyone your school's book and find one that you might be interested in. I would go to at least 10 classes every semester before narrowing down my choices down to 3 or 4 classes a semester.

4. ekristek

ekristek Junior Member

5. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

Biochemistry was helpful on MCAT.
    I second the anatomy.

Now that i think about it, about 10% of Biochem and 20-30% of anatomy (took in HS) would be useful for MCAT. Stuff that you could review anyway if you're a good independent learner.

6. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

I agree with the A&P suggestion. I took two semesters and found it very helpful for the MCAT, and I think it will help in med school also.

I'm taking Biochem now. My friends who are doctors told me it would be good to have already seen it when (or if) I get to med school.

7. For starters probably genetics, anatomy and physiology, histology, immunology.