Concluding your Patient Encounter in the CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

digitaldoc2002

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last minutes...

While concluding, keep this 4-stage pattern in mind to be complete and to be courteous:

a. First, Counsel !!! For example - for a case of diabetes, it is good to say a few words on foot care ! if the patient smokes or drinks alcohol - say "are you aware of the harmful effects of smoking / alcohol ? Have you ever considered quitting - if you wish to , we have a good support team that is willing to help you quit the habit" thats it - dont get personal about it .

b. Then say " Have you understood everything we have discussed today ?"

c. Then "Are there any special concerns you have ?"

d. Finally " Thankyou very much Mr. Smith . I shall leave my contact information with my nurse - feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions"

Find more of such dialogues and tips at my blog at csprotocol.blogspot.com

Members don't see this ad.

digitaldoc2002 said:
The last minutes...

While concluding, keep this 4-stage pattern in mind to be complete and to be courteous:

a. First, Counsel !!! For example - for a case of diabetes, it is good to say a few words on foot care ! if the patient smokes or drinks alcohol - say "are you aware of the harmful effects of smoking / alcohol ? Have you ever considered quitting - if you wish to , we have a good support team that is willing to help you quit the habit" thats it - dont get personal about it .

b. Then say " Have you understood everything we have discussed today ?"

c. Then "Are there any special concerns you have ?"

d. Finally " Thankyou very much Mr. Smith . I shall leave my contact information with my nurse - feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions"

Find more of such dialogues and tips at my blog at csprotocol.blogspot.com

Also Included other tips like draping, opthalmoscope, female chest exam, exam center details, etc.

automaton said:
nice site, thank you for your efforts

Glad you liked it . Have now updated it with Logical steps to history taking, about washing hands, etc. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
automaton said:
nice site, thank you for your efforts

Glad you liked it . Have now updated it with Logical steps to history taking, about washing hands, etc. :rolleyes:

wow! well done digi-doc. simple, to the point tips. thanks.

Thanks guys - now adding a section for hotel reviews by CS exam takers at various centers so that people can decide where to stay in advance and clinch good deals too... :)