General Admissions & OTCAS Concordia University Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

13OT13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been accepted to Concordia's blended OT program for Spring 2018?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you plan on attending?
Well it's definitely not my first choice, but besides UW-LaCrosse (where I was waitlisted) it's the only school I've heard back from. I have until March 31st to decide so it really depends on whether or not I get accepted elsewhere.

Well it's definitely not my first choice, but besides UW-LaCrosse (where I was waitlisted) it's the only school I've heard back from. I have until March 31st to decide so it really depends on whether or not I get accepted elsewhere.
I got in as well and I am also waiting to hear back from other schools. I just know Concordia is more expensive than a lot of other programs.

I got in as well and I am also waiting to hear back from other schools. I just know Concordia is more expensive than a lot of other programs.
Yeah and I guess I don't actually know a lot about it. I just applied to the 5 schools in Wisconsin (but not Carroll). Have you heard much about it?

Yeah and I guess I don't actually know a lot about it. I just applied to the 5 schools in Wisconsin (but not Carroll). Have you heard much about it?
I haven't heard much about it either besides the tuition and what was sent with the letter. I tried looking at past discussions, but no one really said much about the program.

I was accepted as well the letter was sent out on March 2nd!

Have you by chance heard anything about the program?
Something different about their program is that it is blended meaning it is half online work and half in class work, you really need to be self driven and motivated to be in this program

Something different about their program is that it is blended meaning it is half online work and half in class work, you really need to be self driven and motivated to be in this program
Do you plan on attending?

May I ask what everyones stats are?

I didn't apply, but an OT I shadowed mentioned that since Concordia's program starts in the spring instead of the fall, their students do their fieldworks the opposite semester as most other programs' which she heard made it easier for some students to get placements in the setting/geographical area they wanted.

Members don't see this ad :)
GRE:
verbal- 154
quantitative- 154
analytical- 4.5
GPA:
3.74 overall
Shadowing:
65 hours across all different settings and ages, also mentioned how I am currently participating in an internship that will provide me with 250 hours of working with children with disabilities in Thailand.
Other than that, I was a nanny for many different families and became especially involved with a family who had a child with sensory processing disorder. I also did mission work in Guatemala (through the same organization I believe Concordia goes through, Hearts in Motion).

My stats are nothing special, but I was accepted into UW-LaCrosse rather than Concordia and will be accepting there unless I hear from another school before my deadline.

GRE:
verbal- 154
quantitative- 154
analytical- 4.5
GPA:
3.74 overall
Shadowing:
65 hours across all different settings and ages, also mentioned how I am currently participating in an internship that will provide me with 250 hours of working with children with disabilities in Thailand.
Other than that, I was a nanny for many different families and became especially involved with a family who had a child with sensory processing disorder. I also did mission work in Guatemala (through the same organization I believe Concordia goes through, Hearts in Motion).

My stats are nothing special, but I was accepted into UW-LaCrosse rather than Concordia and will be accepting there unless I hear from another school before my deadline.
Thats great! Your stats are great! Im hoping to get into Concordia University.

Anyone have a cost estimate on this program? I see it's $13,700 per semester on their website for the OT program. 8 semesters so $109,600??? wow!

Anyone have a cost estimate on this program? I see it's $13,700 per semester on their website for the OT program. 8 semesters so $109,600??? wow!
You dont have to pay for the summer term! I thought that was great

That sounds about right. Do you plan on attending the program?[/QUOTE

Probably U of Minnesota! But this program starts in Spring 2018? I thought about applying but it seemed very costly

I toured the OT program and they told me that

Any regular decision applicants find out if they got accepted or not?

Any regular decision applicants find out if they got accepted or not?
I got accepted the other day! It is the only school I got accepted to, but I am still deciding on whether I should reapply to Milwaukee to save money, or just go to Concordia right away. Any thoughts?

I got accepted the other day! It is the only school I got accepted to, but I am still deciding on whether I should reapply to Milwaukee to save money, or just go to Concordia right away. Any thoughts?
Of course, it is up to you! After calling the department, I was told that Concordia's program's total tuition will end up being $70,000. While there are programs that are cheaper, this tuition price is fairly comparable to other private universities in the area (also about the same as U of Minnesota). I'm not sure the cost of Milwaukee, though.