SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Condescension, Texas Style

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Freddy King, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Freddy King

Freddy King Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 21, 2002
    I received on FRIDAY a rather eloquent letter of rejection from San Antonio. The writer expressed an apporpriate amount of empathy and stressed the decision should not be construed as a personal judgment on my potential as a DENTAL STUDENT.

I received on SATURDAY an equally fine letter urging my application to the SA school of DENTAL LAB TECHNOLOGY!

I challenge anyone to post equally obnoxious correspondence from another school.

Freddy

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper 10+ Year Member

Texas Freddy,

Man, my sympathy is out to you! I rather be rejected flat out than getting those types of letters!! I have to say that I have NEVER heard of any dental schools do that!!! You're my first!! I did however hear medical schools do that, suggesting other programs when they don't get in, but never dental school! Must be a Texas thing! Sorry to hear that, I'll drink one for ya!
    :cool:

4. Dentista

Dentista Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 28, 2001
    Houston
    There are 3 dental schools in Texas, lets not generalize........

5. tj_lee

tj_lee Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 21, 2002
    postgrad at UC San francisco!!!
    pshh..

oh well...guess I'll have to SETTLE for COLUMBIA!

the nerve.

6. vixen

vixen I like members 10+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2000
    upstate ny
    errr...I hate it when they send you crap like that! If we wanted to be part of the dental lab program, we would APPLY to the programs ourselves! Errrr :mad:

7. LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 20, 2002
    California
    Big deal! Its not like theyre asking you to go to podiatry school. Then you should be really pissed.

8. ske5

ske5 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Sep 14, 2001
    Joe Momma
    I didn't receive an offer to apply to another program, but I thought the denial letter from UW was less cordial than normal. They indicated to me that based on academic achievement and DAT scores, I was lacking in one or more of these areas and was therefore not worthy of consideration at such as prestigious institution. Guess I'll just go to UConn.