Conditional Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmnrraven

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to Harvard a couple of weeks ago but the acceptance letter said that this was on condition that i meet with some of their faculty and elaborated on part of my application. It goes on to say that they found my story about saving a man's life in Kenya fascination but were unable to find any of the sources I mentioned. That is, they contacted the newspapers to get copies of the articles but the newspapers said they never had the articles. This is a huge problem because I totally made that story up!! Now I am freaking out about the consequences. :scared: :scared: :scared:

What should I do? Should I lie about it and maybe even make up some fake articles (hey, michael moore did it in Fahrenheit 911) and bring them in? Should I just confess and accept all blame? Would that make me look better?

Before you answer this, please know that it is indeed the first of April. Good times. Good times.

Members don't see this ad.

BrettBatchelor said:
Here it is April 2nd. You missed the boat.

That's impossible, the time is 9:30pm on April 1. What planet are you on?

Members don't see this ad :)
With daylight savings its 12:42 AM april 2nd here :D

Don't make me send you hunting with Dick Cheney! :eek:

If I were you I'd call Karl Rove and maybe Andy Card (he's looking for some new work...maybe he is doing some consulting)...they will know how to spin your "lies" or at least help you figure out a way to make the Harvard adcom look like they are trying to destroy the foundations of democracy by questioning your story

snobored18 said:
If I were you I'd call Karl Rove and maybe Andy Card (he's looking for some new work...maybe he is doing some consulting)...they will know how to spin your "lies" or at least help you figure out a way to make the Harvard adcom look like they are trying to destroy the foundations of democracy by questioning your story

:laugh:

Perhaps throw in some comparisons of Harvard to Hitler, how Harvard must not value Freedom...etc etc

nmnrraven said:
I was accepted to Harvard a couple of weeks ago but the acceptance letter said that this was on condition that i meet with some of their faculty and elaborated on part of my application. It goes on to say that they found my story about saving a man's life in Kenya fascination but were unable to find any of the sources I mentioned. That is, they contacted the newspapers to get copies of the articles but the newspapers said they never had the articles. This is a huge problem because I totally made that story up!! Now I am freaking out about the consequences. :scared: :scared: :scared:

What should I do? Should I lie about it and maybe even make up some fake articles (hey, michael moore did it in Fahrenheit 911) and bring them in? Should I just confess and accept all blame? Would that make me look better?

Before you answer this, please know that it is indeed the first of April. Good times. Good times.

Kenya is a poor country. For the right price you should be able to fly over there and buy yourself some corroborating sources. :idea: Virtually the entire top ten is composed of people who did this. You don't think folks can actually maintain a 4.0/40 and still do all these amazing ECs for real do you? People are only human.

nmnrraven said:

People like you sicken me.What a good way to start your Medical Career.... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

combatmedic said:
People like you sicken me.What a good way to start your Medical Career.... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

did you like not read the other posts?? it was APRIL FOOLS...

BOBODR said:
:laugh:

Perhaps throw in some comparisons of Harvard to Hitler, how Harvard must not value Freedom...etc etc

HAHAHA! I should go in to it dressed in a USA Flag suit and tell them I lied because I loved Freedom. When they ask what the hell I mean, I'll just keep talking about how America has Freedom and how i love it, completely avoiding the issue and making it seem like they don't love freedom. I'll also offer them 'freedom fries.' This can't miss.