conditional acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmisssunshine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a really important question!

I was recently accepted to my first choice--but on my acceptance letter it states that my acceptance to the school is contingent upon me finishing there math requirement. This is not a problem becuase I will be taking CALC 2 and sending my transcript after next semester.

However, the acceptance letter states "the committee will expect you course performance to be strong and consistent with your overall record."

This worries me because I have nothing lower than an A- in the past and I am worried that I may not do as well in calc 2 just because I haven't taken math for soo many years. AHH!!!

Do these people expect me to get an A, A-? orr is it okay if I get like a B+ or something??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm guessing they just mean "Hey, don't pull a D in this and think you can get away with it".

Members don't see this ad :)
just keep doing what youve been doing then and you have nothing to worry about.

basically its them telling you dont think this acceptance means you can smoke up and drink instead of working.

yup, try to keep it above a C
Agreed. I mean, if your track record is that high, it's unlikely that you'll do that badly in one specific course. Congrats on your acceptance to your first choice school and just do your best in Calc 2.

I have a really important question!

I was recently accepted to my first choice--but on my acceptance letter it states that my acceptance to the school is contingent upon me finishing there math requirement. This is not a problem becuase I will be taking CALC 2 and sending my transcript after next semester.

However, the acceptance letter states "the committee will expect you course performance to be strong and consistent with your overall record."

This worries me because I have nothing lower than an A- in the past and I am worried that I may not do as well in calc 2 just because I haven't taken math for soo many years. AHH!!!

Do these people expect me to get an A, A-? orr is it okay if I get like a B+ or something??

why in the hell are you taking calc 2?? i assume it is because you took AP calc in high school and you need a semester of college math??

me too. so i took statistics. won't that be sufficient for them? it is for all my med schools.

Isn't everyone "conditional" in the regard that if you get a D they reevaluate you...? I think this should be taken somewhat more seriously unless this is somehow standard wording.

If you got a B it really wont bring your gpa down that much...and you're getting accepted to your top choice...so its all goood. Just like any of yourother classes, u just have to study for calc...and you obviously know how to do taht very well. So be happy!