1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

conditional green card and school admissions

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by docsmiley, May 30, 2008.

1. docsmiley

docsmiley newbie
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hi..
    i hope this is the right forum to ask this question..i have a conditional green card after i married my husband , which is valid till dec 2009, and i am applying to dental schools for the 2009 cycle..
    and later, i will file to lift conditions to have the permanent green card.i think all married folks go that way..
    so my question is..i can apply to schools with the conditional green card?i guess, many must have applied using the 2 year conditional green card...or did you guys wait for the permanent green card or do schools not accept the conditional green card?
    please reply..any one who has knowlege in this process?
    thank you..

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dentalbug

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I believe you can apply, you are still considered US premenant residant. That temp. green card is due to immirgation law which states that if you are married for less then 2 yrs when you enter US, you must file a form to have the temp status removed. So, that is how i interepret it. You can ask the specific schools to make sure.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

4. docsmiley

docsmiley newbie
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hi dentalbug..
    thanx ..that was a very prompt reply..
    any one else having a similar visa status and applying to schools..if you have any info..do let me know..
    thank you..