conditional green card and school admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docsmiley

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi..
i hope this is the right forum to ask this question..i have a conditional green card after i married my husband , which is valid till dec 2009, and i am applying to dental schools for the 2009 cycle..
and later, i will file to lift conditions to have the permanent green card.i think all married folks go that way..
so my question is..i can apply to schools with the conditional green card?i guess, many must have applied using the 2 year conditional green card...or did you guys wait for the permanent green card or do schools not accept the conditional green card?
please reply..any one who has knowlege in this process?
thank you..

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you can apply, you are still considered US premenant residant. That temp. green card is due to immirgation law which states that if you are married for less then 2 yrs when you enter US, you must file a form to have the temp status removed. So, that is how i interepret it. You can ask the specific schools to make sure.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

hi dentalbug..
thanx ..that was a very prompt reply..
any one else having a similar visa status and applying to schools..if you have any info..do let me know..
thank you..