Condos for rent in Kirksville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OldManDave

Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello incoming Class of 2005...WELCOME TO KIRKSVILLE!! I don't know if there are still some of you seeking housing this late in the game; but I have information on two units that are still available in the Woodwinds Condos.

3BR/2BA - 1 covered parking spot - Deposit: $600 & rent: $600/month

2BR/1BA - 1 covered parking spot - Deposit: $450 & rent: $450/month

Both units have fully furnished kitchens (DW, Range, disposal & fridge) and full-size W/D hook ups. Both units are having minor touch ups stuff done, but will be ready for occupancy this week.

If you're interested, call Jessie Green @ 660-665-3359.

I own a unit in the Woodwinds and it is definitely one of, if not THE nicest rental property in K'ville. Approximately 50% of the units are occupied by KCOM students and the remainder are seniors and families, which translates to a nice quiet place where you don't have to fear that your studies will be interrupted by college parties.

The complex has a pool, several outdoor cooking patios, tennis courts and a playground area for the kids. It's only 3 miles to the school -- an esy bike-ride or short drive on the colder days.

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dave,
I have a question on an unrelated subject. I interviewed at KCOM recently, and I was just wondering what is going on up there. The admissions office is not giving out very much information. Is KCOM's class full? Why is admissions so secretive? The canned comment to any question is "we have no information to release at this time".

Just Wondering

Members don't see this ad :)
That is rather strange as they have always been very forthcoming with information to my experience. However, I can say that his year has been a strange one for med school admissions nationwide.

At one point, prior to 15 May, as I understood it, the incoming class was tentatively full. But, this seems to have been a record low year for numbers of applications at all medical schools -- last stats I read is that there was greater than a 7% drop overall. Anyway, that + there was an inordinate amount of movement - folks with multiple acceptances or admitted off the wait list, so forth and so on...that we apparently had some late slots open. We are now again full. At least that is what a friend of mine was told a couple of days ago.

This confusion and last-minute shifting was far from unique to KCOM.

Next time you call and get evasive or conflicting information, please ask to speak with Lori Haxton -- she is the Asst Dean of Students & Dir of Admissions.

RollSurf,
I was told by admissions that KCOMs class was full back in April. The reson interviews are still going on (in addition to what Dave said) is that there are quite a few MD schools whodid not have their classes filled in MidMay. A lot of people who KCOM accepts are also accepted at MD schools. there is some anticipation that right before classes start there is going to be some major shifting of students at the MD schools and top DO schools. It is for that reason that KCOM has interviewed late into the season. It is not because the slots aren't full but it is more of a CYA thing that if people get off of a waitlist at a school they really want to go to and decline KCOM then KCOM will have quality people to fil those slots.

So I guess there are several outcomes that people interviewing recently may see:
1. Rejection
2. Put on the waitlist and then wait to see if you get in in the fall.
3. Put on the waitlist but told that if you don't get in this year (class of 2005) then you have an automatic acceptance into the class of 2006.