Conference host/sponsor conflict

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliMac

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I am interested in sexual assault trauma and treatment protocol, I was excited to learn about an upcoming conference and that I can volunteer in exchange for admission. I am waiting for the schedule to post so I can read up on presenters and choose which days interest me.

It is hosted by IVAT (Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma) which is housed, wait for it... at the professional school I chose not to attend. The school has a 6% match rate, no GRE requirement, massive tuition, et al.

In spite of the possibilities, I don't want to feed the machine, so to speak. If that's the case, then I just go back to scanning PubMed for relevant articles?

One possibility: I learned of the conference from a presenter at a victim's advocacy training I am attending. She is the executive officer of IVAT. I introduced myself then emailed her and hopefully can learn more about the state of the field independent of the school.

Thoughts are welcome.

Members don't see this ad.

I've submitted articles to one of the affiliated journals, if it helps. Didn't realize it was affiliated with that particular school until I saw the email address.

Reactions: 1 user