Confidence has it's perks I guess

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wholeheartedly

Epi Geek
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may not be news to most of you, but I'm a bit on the shy side and am trying to work on it.

A week ago I went to a little presentation at the major medical center where I work. My job ranks me pretty low on the totem pole. An anesthesiologist was discussing a problem they were having getting data to drive some more evidence based practices. I thought I might be able to help, so I raised my hand and mentioned that we had a lot of this data. We chatted briefly afterwards and it seemed like some of my higher ups were already trying to develop some big databasing solution a couple years down the road.

Got to thinking about it later, and from a patient care standpoint, seemed dumb to sit on this data for a couple years waiting for the computer interface solution. So I shot the anesthesiologist an email, met him this morning, met my supervisor, picked some new team mates, and am now working on facilitating a preliminary project during the transition period.

Moral of the story, don't be a chicken. If you seen an opportunity, jump. Never know what you might get yourself into! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GO YOU!!! That is wonderful. And I agree completely -- it never, never hurts to seize an opportunity or ask if you can help.

Keep us posted on your success, please? :D

Very cool!

Isn't it astounding how much data is out there that is not in the hands of the people who could use it most? Go you for facilitating it :)