kilog

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
12
0
DC
Status
Pre-Psychology
I'm wondering if any of you have been in this situation before, or know someone who has. I recently found out that I got into my 2nd-choice masters program, and that I have to notify them of my intent to enroll by April 15th. My 1st-choice masters program, however, says I will not be notified of my admissions decision until April 15th at the earliest. This creates an obvious predicament. I have two ideas: call the first-choice program, explain the situation, and see if they'll release my decision early (ideal) OR send a deposit to the second-choice program and lose the money if I get into school #1 (not ideal). Any thoughts or other ideas??
 
Last edited:
Jan 21, 2010
15
0
Massachusetts
Status
Pre-Psychology
I'd call your second choice program and explain the situation... not that they are your second choice but that you are still waiting to hear from another program and see if they will allow you to notify them of your decision past the deadline... I'm in a similar situation. Good luck!
 
Feb 23, 2010
45
0
Status
Psychology Student
Ask them what your options are definitely. When in doubt you can also send the deposit. Though it's not a small sum of money, compared to the security of being able to go to graduate school and compared to all your future loans, it's not so bad.