*Confused* 4th Edition Savarese cheaper than third??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dwights

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
...or are these two different books? I hope this post is allowed because I need some advice before I purchase the wrong book for my board prep. When I enter Savarese OMT review into the Amazon search I get the third edition for roughly 200$ and the forth edition for 50$. Just seems odd. If anyone could provide some clarification for me, that would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

The third edition is no longer in print, so the price has risen based on presumed scarcity.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you, @Sephirakra ! That makes sense. Do you know if the new edition is just as good as the third one? I can get over the many typos that were mentioned in the reviews if the content is worth it

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, @Sephirakra ! That makes sense. Do you know if the new edition is just as good as the third one? I can get over the many typos that were mentioned in the reviews if the content is worth it
Haven't used either, so I can't speak on that. The third edition was out for around 15 years, so I know a lot of homemade board prep materials were geared toward it. I'd guess people have updated some things for the fourth edition, but I can't say for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I will just order it and see if I can use it. I was just puzzled by that price difference :)

I have the older edition PDF on my iPad and the 4th edition in paper since I noticed I’m better at using books the old school way. So far I’ve noticed no difference aside from the cover. I think It’s like everyone said, the older edition is out of stock and as sacred as AT Still himself. All hail cranial.

I'm also better with old school books, which is why I wanted the paper copy. Thank you for the feedback @Billroth_III !

For Level 2 and 3 just watch the YouTube videos on Chapman's Points and facilitation levels. Savarese is overkill.

Reactions: 2 users
What about Level 1?
Step up to OMT deck anki - this might even be too much
there are plenty of omm resources out there less full than savarase. Onlinemeded omm pdfs are good. Some dude from my school made them.

in all honesty I’m sure your school bought you some q bank for the Lex. Those questions in addition to what dfibslim said are enough. Looks like dfib went to my school too. Rock on bae

Anyone have an opinion on the practice questions that come with the new Savarese? Worth the $50...I have a pdf of the old version, just wondering if the new one is worth it for the questions.

Step up to OMT deck anki - this might even be too much
there are plenty of omm resources out there less full than savarase. Onlinemeded omm pdfs are good. Some dude from my school made them.

in all honesty I’m sure your school bought you some q bank for the Lex. Those questions in addition to what dfibslim said are enough. Looks like dfib went to my school too. Rock on bae

Thank you! I'll take a look

Anyone have an opinion on the practice questions that come with the new Savarese? Worth the $50...I have a pdf of the old version, just wondering if the new one is worth it for the questions.
I don't have a ton of experience with OMM board questions. My school, in my opinion writes brutal OMM exams with averages around 75-80. The questions in Savarese seem much lighter and bigger picture.

Last edited:
I think nothing is like level 1 OMM questions. The OMM comat was a cluster as well. I found level 2 to be pretty straight forward, but I actually scored the worse in OMM on that one, go figure.

I think nothing is like level 1 OMM questions. The OMM comat was a cluster as well. I found level 2 to be pretty straight forward, but I actually scored the worse in OMM on that one, go figure.
Yeah. Standard setting. Scored a few standard deviations on one of the comats above then two weeks later at least one below on comlex 2 for that subject.

NBOME tests are such a joke

Guys should I use the 4th or 3rd version for COMLEX prep?