10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm in a Kaplan course. Is it just me or do we start taking FL's BEFORE we are done reviewing. This seems really stupid. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on it?

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
you start taking them once the bulk of the review is finished, imo you should even start earlier

g8orlife

chomp
7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2009
A quagmire
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm in a Kaplan course. Is it just me or do we start taking FL's BEFORE we are done reviewing. This seems really stupid. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on it?
If your course ends ~ 2 weeks before your MCAT (which I think most do), I think Kaplan recommends doing the tests too late. When they recommend doing the first practice FL, I'd start doing one FL (#7-11) each week until you fiinish the class. Then, by the time the class is done, you still have done a bunch of FLs AND you still have a bunch of FLs left (#1-6 + 8 AAMCs). This way, you get to use them all up, instead of having to pick and choose at the end due to time restraints. I say do the #'s backwards b/c #1-6 are better than 7-11; thus, you should save the better ones for last.