Confused about MCAT Score Instructions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterlily

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Below our mcat score, it asks what we want to do with our score. and there's an option for you to designate schools to send it to.

I thought the scores would be sent directly to our amcas app? Or am I wrong, and we have to manually select each school to send it to? HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

waterlily said:
Below our mcat score, it asks what we want to do with our score. and there's an option for you to designate schools to send it to.

I thought the scores would be sent directly to our amcas app? Or am I wrong, and we have to manually select each school to send it to? HELP!

You shouldn't have to do anything. It should be loaded into AMCAS automatically. For some reason, that hasn't happened yet, though. Anyone out there have any info on how long that score loading process takes?

Those links under the scores, to answer your question though, are there for you to send your scores to non-AMCAS schools and programs.

jbrice1639 said:
You shouldn't have to do anything. It should be loaded into AMCAS automatically. For some reason, that hasn't happened yet, though. Anyone out there have any info on how long that score loading process takes?

Those links under the scores, to answer your question though, are there for you to send your scores to non-AMCAS schools and programs.

yeah, this is weird. They are not loaded into the AMCAS yet!!! damn, i was going to submit today well this morning since its 1:19AM ET :) but i guess I cannot do that!!!!

beponychick said:
yeah, this is weird. They are not loaded into the AMCAS yet!!! damn, i was going to submit today well this morning since its 1:19AM ET :) but i guess I cannot do that!!!!

haha, yeah, i was sitting here credit card in hand myself ready to let that amcas fly and be done with it....but i guess we'll all have to wait til tomorrow. i'm guessing if it didn't load by midnight central (since they're based in the midwest, right?) that we probably won't see any changes til the start of the business day tomorrow.

good luck to everyone though! and good night! :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
waterlily said:

you would only use those options for example if you were applying to DO schools and you needed to forward your scores to AACOMAS.

okay, thanks for the responses. I already submitted my app early, so amcas will automatically forward my scores to the schools then?

If you are applying to the Texas schools you need to have your scores forwarded to TMDSAS.