Confused about RFU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLDU2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is repeated, but I received an interview offer from RFU and am now feeling conflicted. No one said much to me when I put it on my list to apply, but now I am hearing negative things about probation and reputation. I am trying to gather information to decide whether or not to go to the interview.

Thanks for any help and/or advice!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry if this is repeated, but I received an interview offer from RFU and am now feeling conflicted. No one said much to me when I put it on my list to apply, but now I am hearing negative things about probation and reputation. I am trying to gather information to decide whether or not to go to the interview.

if you dont have an acceptance...I would go! The schools is pretty solid.

Dude...I'm so tired of this type of thread when it comes to RFU. Make the decision for YOURSELF and stop listening to rumors about probation and reputation. I've been hearing the same thing from premeds every year for the last five years, and they continue to be spread down. Do the research...the school is NOT on probation any more. And the reason we were initially placed there had NOTHING to do with the education you would recieve, but because of financial and administrative issues. If you want a more detailed explanation, do a search and many threads where this is discussed will pop up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude...I'm so tired of this type of thread when it comes to RFU. Make the decision for YOURSELF and stop listening to rumors about probation and reputation. I've been hearing the same thing from premeds every year for the last five years, and they continue to be spread down. Do the research...the school is NOT on probation any more. And the reason we were initially placed there had NOTHING to do with the education you would recieve, but because of financial and administrative issues. If you want a more detailed explanation, do a search and many threads where this is discussed will pop up.

I am sorry if I offended you. I am just trying to gather information to be able to make an informed decision. I am particularly interested in seeing their match list, but am unable to find it in a google search. Do you know where that information is? Again, I apologize if I seemed rude in beginning this thread, but I have mainly been hearing negatives and am trying to look further and see if it's rumors or reality.

The school is a good one. Notice the plastics at stanford match...

RFU is a US accredited MEDICAL DOCTOR program. I have talked to an adcom at a top 10 med school and he says "Any US MD program is a good MD program". AND schools like Johns Hopkins have also been on probation in the past. If you don't have an acceptance yet, go to the interview. There are no such thing as safety schools when applying to med school (less than 50% of people who apply get an acceptance to ANY MD program)

And yes, I am being defensive so I apologize :) I will most likely be attending RFU.

I am sorry if I offended you. I am just trying to gather information to be able to make an informed decision. I am particularly interested in seeing their match list, but am unable to find it in a google search. Do you know where that information is? Again, I apologize if I seemed rude in beginning this thread, but I have mainly been hearing negatives and am trying to look further and see if it's rumors or reality.

Hey, no worries. I'm not offended. I just want people to not buy into rumors and make decisions for themselves. Like I said, I've heard it all regarding my school, and it's all the same as when I was applying way back when. If you go to our website, the probation issue is explained, and match lists for the past three years can be found as well. I just want people to actually learn about the issues themselves (ie. talking to current students, reading our website, etc.). Unfortunately, there are too many students on this board that speak about the issues without actually knowing the facts, further spreading rumors and misinformation. I know ours is not the only school that suffers from this.

Anyways, my point is go check it out for yourself and find out if it's a place you would feel comfortable at. I sincerely feel that this school has made many changes for the better. It's just a pity that too many don't want to take the time and find out. Good luck and PM me with any questions you may have.

that is a pretty solid list with some baller matches.