Confused about the Organic Chemistry on the MCAT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitaminute

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, so I was just wondering - for the people who have taken the MCAT 2015, how high yield was studying every single organic chemistry topic? I keep hearing from people here and there that the MCAT 2015 currently consists of little to no organic chemistry in the physical sciences section. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether it's been a waste of time to go more in depth with the organic chemistry practice?

Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have heard, some exams are very heavy on orgo on the PS section, while some exams only have a few questions related to orgo. I would advise to go through every topic listed on the AAMC site just to be safe. You don't want to be that person.

Take every topic seriously...I had a fair amount of orgo on my exam...don't disregard anything the AAMC has on its outline..it's all fair game. I remember one passage being an entire organic reaction outline....yeah, and there's no orgo on the new MCAT :p

Reactions: 1 user
Feedback from the forums here seems to indicate that most MCATs so far have had a fair share or organic chemistry. It'd be crazy to skip anything, especially with how little there is and how critical it is to understanding biochemistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 3 passages in C/P section that was 100% organic chem. I thank myself every night for taking 4 o Chem semesters.

Thanks for the responses everyone :) I'm really glad that I've been taking out the time to understand these reactions haha.

3 passages....... jeez. That can change the entire game for you right there depending on whether you reviewed ochem reactions and concepts. Also, were there any discrete ochem questions for you on your test?