Confused About Timeline for Nonrolling Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Woodstock

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question about the nonrollers. Do the nonrolling schools all make a decision about you by mid-March or am I making that up? And if that's true, does that mean that they only interview until March? Is it late or early in the process for nonrollers? What about if you took the aug MCAT? Sorry -that's a lot of questions at once. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone give a link to a list (or just list) the schools that do nonrolling admissions? I know harvard and yale operate under this system, but I have not heard of any others. -qm

Woodstock said:
I have a quick question about the nonrollers. Do the nonrolling schools all make a decision about you by mid-March or am I making that up? And if that's true, does that mean that they only interview until March? Is it late or early in the process for nonrollers? What about if you took the aug MCAT? Sorry -that's a lot of questions at once. Thanks!

Yale's the only nonrolling I can help you with... it says all decisions are made in march, so I would assume that they're done interviewing by then. When I called to schedule an interview there last week (like dec 12th) they were scheduling at the end of jan/beginning of feb. And I know of one person who was complete mid-nov and has been invited for an interview.

hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia is also non-rolling and send out decisions in March, though I believe they actually decide later February.

I have applied to yale long time ago, still waiting, but i'd like a suggestion here. I am planning on visiting yale, so do you think its okey to ask for an interview? do you think asking for an interview without an invite affects anything?

thanks,
bachi

I don't think that asking for an interview would hurt so long as you do it tactfully. Maybe just mention that you will already be in town, and are wondering whether or not they would consider interviewing you while you're there. And they said that they interview through the end of February, for whomever was asking about that.

thanks!
so the reason i'm going is that i am visiting the yale grad school for their visiting weekend. shall i say that i have been accepted to grad school and that i also applied to med school and i want to have interview for the med school? does it show that i'm not all into med? i mean, i applied to grad for backup incase i don't get into any med. i want to go to med school. what shall i say why i'm visiting yale?

really appreciate feedbacks!

bachi

I wouldn't tell them about grad school... they won't ask why you're in town, just let them know that you are. If someone DOES ask, you can stay vague - you were visiting, had an appt., or some such.