1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Confused and complicated? Okay.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Countess827, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Countess827

Countess827 Member
    5+ Year Member

Okay, I'm being confusing and complicated. I applied last year and got in to two great medical schools. I withdrew my acceptance from one of the schools on May 15th 2006 and kept my acceptance for the other. But now, I keep thinking I made a mistake and would have enjoyed going to the school that I withdrew my acceptance from. Is there anything I could do about it? I doubt it, but I thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else has ever felt this way.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrFeelgoodMD

DrFeelgoodMD below is a TRUE avatar...
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
  4. braluk

braluk SDN Surgerynator
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    im pretty sure once you withdraw your acceptnace, your spot IMMEDIATELY gets relinquished to someone else on the waitlist. Unless you have the most spectacular stats in the world and the school simply cannot go on without you, you're probably stuck with the school you chose. Not to mention its 7/21 and by now the 2010 class is more or less filled to capacity. You woulda had a better chance if you rescinded your decline the same day, or the next day, or within the week explaining that you made a mistake, but by now, that window has come and gone.

5. laurenem

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    it never hurts to ask... if its really that important to you, wheres the harm in calling the admissions office?

6. Haemulon

Haemulon Slippery When Wet
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Its a done deal. Your in a med school. One that you apprently chose over your other offer, so you must have had good reasons. Move on my friend. Be happy and get your mind prepared for sipping from that fire hydrant!