Countess827

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status
Okay, I'm being confusing and complicated. I applied last year and got in to two great medical schools. I withdrew my acceptance from one of the schools on May 15th 2006 and kept my acceptance for the other. But now, I keep thinking I made a mistake and would have enjoyed going to the school that I withdrew my acceptance from. Is there anything I could do about it? I doubt it, but I thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else has ever felt this way.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
im pretty sure once you withdraw your acceptnace, your spot IMMEDIATELY gets relinquished to someone else on the waitlist. Unless you have the most spectacular stats in the world and the school simply cannot go on without you, you're probably stuck with the school you chose. Not to mention its 7/21 and by now the 2010 class is more or less filled to capacity. You woulda had a better chance if you rescinded your decline the same day, or the next day, or within the week explaining that you made a mistake, but by now, that window has come and gone.

About the Ads

Haemulon

Slippery When Wet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2006
On SDN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Its a done deal. Your in a med school. One that you apprently chose over your other offer, so you must have had good reasons. Move on my friend. Be happy and get your mind prepared for sipping from that fire hydrant!

About the Ads