confused on Paper based or CBT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rekha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Iam planning to appear for NBDE part 1, iam confused whether to appear for Paper based or CBT . I would like to know the advantages and dis advantages, Can anyone please help me in this?

Members don't see this ad.

rekha said:
Hello,
Iam planning to appear for NBDE part 1, iam confused whether to appear for Paper based or CBT . I would like to know the advantages and dis advantages, Can anyone please help me in this?
Just my two cents...
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.The computer-based test can be scheduled whenever you want to as long as there is space in your center on your date. You also get the results very quickly, and there is less of that nerve-wracking wait.
I took the paper-based test. It is given only twice a year, and there is a 6-8 week wait for the results. But a few advantages are that you can manage time between 2 sections as you will be given both sections for each session together. One of my friends who took the CBT said she could not spend more time on DA even though she had saved up time on Micro/Path.
Also, its a long exam, and for me staring at a computer screen for 8 hrs tires my eyes and brain out:)
Keep in mind the tiem frame involved before you apply and decide. All the best to you!

Hi paddypaws

Thank you very much for your valuable info. This will help me to decide.

Thanks.

paddypaws said:
Just my two cents...
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.The computer-based test can be scheduled whenever you want to as long as there is space in your center on your date. You also get the results very quickly, and there is less of that nerve-wracking wait.
I took the paper-based test. It is given only twice a year, and there is a 6-8 week wait for the results. But a few advantages are that you can manage time between 2 sections as you will be given both sections for each session together. One of my friends who took the CBT said she could not spend more time on DA even though she had saved up time on Micro/Path.
Also, its a long exam, and for me staring at a computer screen for 8 hrs tires my eyes and brain out:)
Keep in mind the tiem frame involved before you apply and decide. All the best to you!