Confused on what residency programs will want

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm just a first year, but I'm having a hard time getting super involved in anything because well, we're all busy right? That and I just haven't really found a niche. I'm working on a fellowship right now for psychiatry, but that's about it. I want to do clinical research, but I notice that like many people in my class are involved in multiple organizations,which just has never been my thing. I like to be really devoted to like 1-3 things and let that be it. Any suggestions for what I can get involved in that I can commit to but that won't overtake my life? I just don't want to waste my time on meaningless "clubs" and stuff like that

Members don't see this ad.

Just join the clubs in the specialty that you're interested in. Or just do research instead of a million activities.

By the way, you look EXACTLY like this girl that goes to my school. You seem a lot nicer than her though (cough cough)

I agree with Pic. I would concentrate on research and groups aimed at my specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it weird though to be gung ho on something like psychiatry, and then end up changing your mind and having all this research and experience in psych?

Since I'm just a first year, it's hard to guage if psych is truly what i want to do before I get into my clinical years

PiccoloPlaya said:
Just join the clubs in the specialty that you're interested in. Or just do research instead of a million activities.

By the way, you look EXACTLY like this girl that goes to my school. You seem a lot nicer than her though (cough cough)

hm.. i hope i'm not her! :) Anyway, what school do you go to?