confused on which TBR version I have... help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoyo90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I know which version TBR has shipped me? For instance, for the Physics I book, why does it say "January 2016" on the top of the preface page, and says "copyright 2017" on the back of the cover page? Which date should I go by? How about the dates listed on TBR website, why are they older?

Thank you for your time and effort in helping me figure this out :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The January date is when the letter in the preface was written. That letter was written during the revision process. The copyright date represents the print cycle for that book and is used for archiving that specific edition of the book. If you have a copyright 2017 book, then you have the most current version. Is it green on the cover?

The January date is when the letter in the preface was written. That letter was written during the revision process. The copyright date represents the print cycle for that book and is used for archiving that specific edition of the book. If you have a copyright 2017 book, then you have the most current version. Is it green on the cover?

Thank you for your response. Yes, it is