Confused please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdocsmi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I am a doctor from india who is planning to apply for the MPH program in 2012 in some of the school in US

I am currently finishing my masters of doctorate in Microbiology .

So here is my dilemma ..i know that my medicine degrees are not valid in the US and i will have to go the route of USMLE to do something more

As a doctor do you think going down the career path of MPH is worth it !. After doing numerous research it feels that most of the jobs are administrative and dont go beyond a salary bracket of 60 K.

I am in a huge confusion as to what to pursue which can take my medicine background a little into consideration and if MPH is right path to go?

MHA or MBA in Health Administation is another option i am exploring

Please suggest ..At this point i am losing my patience as to which path i should go

I know there are a bunch of peeps here in the forum who have gone though this confusion

all help will be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

If u want ur mph just as a stepping stone to residency, then it's all the same. Think of wat u want to do in ur life ahead, it's as basic as that!