Confused with PASS and Professional Evaluation Form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

endoapp20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In preparation for the upcoming PASS application cycle, I have been contacting my evaluators for LORs with general guidelines. When they submit to PASS, can they upload a PDF version of LOR? Or do they have to copy and paste what they have written to a window in PASS? The reason I am asking this is because I don't know if I should ask them to sign by hand at the end and scan. Please let me know if anyone knows.

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I believe that these days you submit the email addresses of your PEF evaluators to PASS, and PASS emails them a form they fill out. At the time you submit their email addresses you have to opt in or out of your ability to see what they write, and programs as evaluators will know what you chose.

That’s my understanding from what I’ve read but this is my first year applying to residency so hopefully I got that right.

The email will direct them to set up an account through the portal where they’ll be able to submit your PEF. There are a handful of questions that your evaluator will be asked to rank you on. There is also a place for additional input after each question. At the end there’s something along the lines of “any additional information?” Where they can address anything outside of the questions/prompts. I’m sure they can copy and paste whatever they’ve already written in this area. But ideally, they’ll also have thoughtful responses to the other questions/prompts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the responses! So there is no need for them to hand sign and scan it. Correct?

hey guys,
I have a question regarding Personal statement. I dont see where i can upload my personal statement on the pass application,. Is it the same as additional information?

Also I wanted to apply to perio and oral surgery during the same cycle. any thought on how that would look like?

Thank you for the responses! So there is no need for them to hand sign and scan it. Correct?

Correct

hey guys,
I have a question regarding Personal statement. I dont see where i can upload my personal statement on the pass application,. Is it the same as additional information?

Under ”program materials”, you upload your personal statement for each program separately. This is so you can have different PSs going to each program, if you want.

One of my evaluators told me he submitted my evaluation, but on my PASS app it just says "accepted." Not requested, not completed, but "accepted." What does this mean? I asked the reference about it and he said he completed everything, so he thinks he's done. Where do I go from here?

One of my evaluators told me he submitted my evaluation, but on my PASS app it just says "accepted." Not requested, not completed, but "accepted." What does this mean? I asked the reference about it and he said he completed everything, so he thinks he's done. Where do I go from here?
It means that they have accepted the request and have started working on the evaluation. When they submit, it should change to "completed." You should checked with your evaluator to make certain he or she submitted. If that's the case, contact PASS.

Same thing happened to me. Where you able to find anything out?

It has to be submitted using chrome browser. And you get an email that it has been completed and same thing is the status change not just accepted. Accepted means professor accepted your request to evaluate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk