1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Confused???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by sarah_viola, Nov 13, 2002.

1. sarah_viola

sarah_viola Member
    7+ Year Member

According to the AACOM website, the application cycle starts May 1, yet the application processing begins June 1. Does this mean that we can begin filling out the online application/have transcripts sent beginning May 1, and have them ready to submit on June 1, or does all that start on June 1?

Does the same apply for AMCAS?

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctor Peloncito

Doctor Peloncito Family Physician
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm not sure because I started late, but I think that you can fill out the AACOMAS app before June 1. This would explain the May 1 date that you read. I remember seeing this when I applied and thought it was an error.

WannabeDO

4. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

"Does this mean that we can begin filling out the online application/have transcripts sent beginning May 1, and have them ready to submit on June 1"

That is correct. AACOM will not look at anything until June 1 but it allows you a jump start so that you will have everything in and ready on the go date. These dates are never set in stone so the application may not be available next year until May 5th, etc.