Confusion with Minimum Overall Undergraduate vs Overall Cumulative GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thirteen88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the PT schools I want to apply for state, on the PTCAS Website, Overall Undergraduate GPA of 3.0. However, when I go on the program specific website of these programs the GPA requirement is for all college level coursework.

Will PTCAS automatically eliminate my application since my uGPA is below a 3.0 but cGPA is above a 3.0?

Members don't see this ad.

PTCAS will not eliminate your application if you don't meet the requirements for a program. It will just calculate your GPAs and forward your application to your designated programs. However, a program won't look at your application if you don't meet the requirements.

Call the school and ask for clarification about their GPA calculation, bringing up your situation just to be sure that you're eligible to apply.

The GPA definitions appear to be new this year. It includes:
  • undergraduate gpa
  • post bac gpa
  • overall gpa which included post bad, undergraduate and graduate.
They removed graduate gpa. I have not seen one school update their requirements to these speak to these new definitions. I would have liked to seen a separate section for graduate gpa and combined undergraduate/post bac. It seems very hard to compare gpa between students if one includes graduate work which generally means a lower gpa than undergraduate work. It is what it is.