1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Congrats DesperatelySeeking MD!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by E'01, Nov 7, 2001.

1. E'01

E'01 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi - I just wanted to say congratulations for getting into Hopkins...that's awesome!!!!!! :) :) :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SnudgeMuffin

SnudgeMuffin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats first on your acceptance. That is AWESOME!!! On one of your posts on "MCAT retakers", you said that you improved by 7 points total. How exactly did you do it? Did you take KAPLAN? How many hours did you devote to studying? Also, if you don't mind my asking, what were your stats like? Thanx a bunch in advance. :)

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Not so desperate anymore, eh? Congrats!!! :D :D :D

Can you give us a litle run-down on how it all happened -- stats, interview, time-frames, etc.?

5. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congratulations! What a huge accomplisment! Guess you will have to change your username now, eh? :)

6. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Great job desperately...is Hopkins your #1 choice?

7. SnudgeMuffin

SnudgeMuffin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

SMW, can you give us a rundown on your stats, too :)? By the way, GOOOOOOOD Luck!!! :D at Columbia interview, YAY!!!

8. DesperatelySeekingMD

DesperatelySeekingMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry for the slow response---I don't know how I could have missed this thread before!
    Thank you all for you good wishes. I wish all you the best too. I am so psyched about Hopkins.
    I am not sure what really is my first choice. I think that I will wait till the Spring and have to visit schools and check them out again with a few different criteria in mind. But, I figure with Hopkins I can't really go wrong.
    Sorry to those of you who want stats posted, but there is some part of me that really objects to that. Lets just say that my stats were respectable, but not amazing and my MCATs were good. But, I think that I got in because of my extracurriculars and many unique experiences that I have had. I really think that they were looking at the whole package. So, have hope all of you without perfect scores.
    Good Luck to you all. Thank you for all of your support, information and encouragement. I may not be the one of the most prolific members on the board, but I really do appreciate all of the posts on this board.

9. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member