Congrats DesperatelySeeking MD!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi - I just wanted to say congratulations for getting into Hopkins...that's awesome!!!!!! :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats first on your acceptance. That is AWESOME!!! On one of your posts on "MCAT retakers", you said that you improved by 7 points total. How exactly did you do it? Did you take KAPLAN? How many hours did you devote to studying? Also, if you don't mind my asking, what were your stats like? Thanx a bunch in advance. :)

Not so desperate anymore, eh? Congrats!!! :D :D :D

Can you give us a litle run-down on how it all happened -- stats, interview, time-frames, etc.?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! What a huge accomplisment! Guess you will have to change your username now, eh? :)

Great job desperately...is Hopkins your #1 choice?

SMW, can you give us a rundown on your stats, too :)? By the way, GOOOOOOOD Luck!!! :D at Columbia interview, YAY!!!

Sorry for the slow response---I don't know how I could have missed this thread before!
Thank you all for you good wishes. I wish all you the best too. I am so psyched about Hopkins.
I am not sure what really is my first choice. I think that I will wait till the Spring and have to visit schools and check them out again with a few different criteria in mind. But, I figure with Hopkins I can't really go wrong.
Sorry to those of you who want stats posted, but there is some part of me that really objects to that. Lets just say that my stats were respectable, but not amazing and my MCATs were good. But, I think that I got in because of my extracurriculars and many unique experiences that I have had. I really think that they were looking at the whole package. So, have hope all of you without perfect scores.
Good Luck to you all. Thank you for all of your support, information and encouragement. I may not be the one of the most prolific members on the board, but I really do appreciate all of the posts on this board.

Originally posted by SnudgeMuffin:
•SMW, can you give us a rundown on your stats, too :) ? By the way, GOOOOOOOD Luck!!! :D at Columbia interview, YAY!!!•••

Thanks, SnudgeMuffin. :) My stats are posted on the "August MCATers with Interviews" thread. Good luck to you, too! Btw, is your screen name really SnudgeMuffin rather than SmudgeMuffin