Congratulation to USC Pharmacy Class of 2008!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to congratulate everyone who has been accepted to USC School of Pharmacy especially to Susanch76 who has been a lurker for a few months now. Hopefully, she will post soon. I am really proud of you!! This year was extremely competitive due to the dramatic increase in applications but u guys made it! :love:

P.S. Triangulation and I are planning another USC Pharmacy/SDN get together before or during orientation week. It would be awesome to finally meet you guys! Congratulation again!!! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, way to go guys and nice work Susan!! I knew you had it in the bag though;)

Like BMB said, you guys should be extremely proud. I know this year was crazy competitive. I also think you're fortunate to be following our class. We've been told that the class of 2007 was one of the most impressive as far as qualifications go that SC has seen in a while. My feeling is having easy access to our class should be a considerable asset. I know BMB's already ruminating on ideas to help out your class, and I hope to do the same (and I'm not even one of the qualified ones!!!) You've got some great stuff to look forward to. Plan to be active. Some outside activities are mandatory, but can be really rewarding (giving vaccinations for Operation Immunization was really cool!!) Try to get to know the faculty from day one. They care about your well-being, and care even more if they know who you are.

Oh yeah, and there are leadership positions in many organizations for Level I's so be proactive in finding things you like. There will be a new committee dedicated to health and fitness and several of my classmates and I are planning to begin a journal club dedicated to pharmaceutical policy for the pharm students. Any of the clubs have only one qualification: enthusiasm for that area of pharmacy Don't sweat your own perceived naivete, what all of us are looking for is fresh faces excited to help and willing to be challenged.

One of the things i keep hearing from different faculty and colleagues is the notion of pushing yourself beyond your comfort zone. Extending yourself beyond that warm bubble where you feel relaxed and really seeing what you can do. The incoming treasurer for my frat LKS mentioned that several times in her election speech and it really resonated w/the rest of us.

Thanks Guys! Both of you were extremely helpful throughout the whole stressful process. I was soo surprised that people like you are out there to help with everything!! Don't worry, I'll still bombard you guys with many, many, and many more questions! I'm so excited for the upcoming year!!

For all the new applicants.. these two guys know EVERYTHING you'll ever need to get into pharm school! They're awesome!!

Thanks again!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for postin Sue!!!! Welcome aboard!!!!

Has USC accepted all of its students for fall 2004? because i still haven't heard anything from them yet, in terms of a rejection or an acceptance. I had my interview march 20th.

I know people living in Los Angeles received their acceptance letter last Friday. If you live in Northern California or out of state, I think you should hear from USC very soon. Best of luck~!

Congrats to all and hope to meet you all next year!! :thumbup: :D

i also would like to thank BMBiology and Triangulation for all their support and advice throughout the application process. you guys are awesome... ;)

hey guys, I have a question about finanical aid. I sent in my and my parents' income tax return twice already. They are still listed as missing on Oasis as of today. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what to do? I thought of dropping the returns in person. However, it is very hard for me to get a day off at work.

Call the Fin Aid office and ask Jesse. He should be able to help.

I agree with Triangulation. Sometimes, it takes time for them to update Oasis. I would just call and ask =).

Hello....Triangulation, you seem to know a lot about the program! I was not sure whether I should live in the dorms or in an apartment my first year. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what living situation would be better? If apartments are better, does anyone need a roomie? Thanks!!

oooo, another thing....to all my Trojan classmates...my aim is misschi2iss! :D

Hey Mui!!! Just zipped by irvine on the way back from sd. don't know what i would do w/o south coast plaza!!!

at any rate, it kinda depends on how studious you wanna be. If you really wanna have easy access to school and the library then seaver makes sense. It's a great option if you really wanna focus on school and not have to worry about to'ing and fro'ing.

Hey Triangulation! Thanx for the prompt response :) I guess I would want to pound the books my first year (so I can get into the swing of things) so I guess I'll just apply the dorms and consider other options if they arise!

Oh by the way, south coast plaza is grrrrreat! haha not that i'm a shopaholic, but it's a great way to kill time and hide from the heat. :cool:
Are you part of some kind of organization on campus?

Are you part of some kind of organization on campus?

Hey Mui. yeah, I'm the pledge coordinator for the women's health and leadership frat Lambda Kappa Sigma (i'm currently the only dude member). I'm working on an affiliation with VAPSA thru BMB and Lyzziebeth. I'm also my class VP for next year. As i keep saying, it pays to be involved, but you can certainly do that while living at seaver. If you have questions, particularly about my frat, please let me know.;)