congratulations to all of you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCB

live and let live
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey congratulations to those who are going to pharmacy school this fall. Could you guys tell me what was your GPA.. I am afraid that all pharmacy schools want at least 3.60 and I don't know if I will get there.

DO Any of you is thinking about getting a Dual degree ? I am currently thinking about PharmD/ J.D

UF is my first choice, I might not even get in if they only computer math/science grade.. damn !!! as for UCSF I ' m not even going to apply there since I am not going to get a Bachelor Degree. I The only university in California where i might have a shoot is UOP>. how hard is it to get in there there ?/ you smart people tell me please. It is located in stockton, I have heard that stockon is one lousy town.

Members don't see this ad.

Dude, your crazy if you believe a 3.6 is the cut off for Pharm. School. At my school the AVERAGE is a 3.35 which means plenty have GPA's below. GPA is only one factor of your application, so work your hardest but don't be depondent if you don't get a 3.6 (or a 3.3 for that matter). As competition for pharmacy school gets tougher necessarily the stats may get a raised some, but there are still lots of other ways to look like a good applicant. My school has 300 some odd applications this year for 85 spots. That's not too tough. They interviewed ~40%, and accepted ~75% of those. This will be different at different schools of course.

I was signed up for a dual Pharm.D./PhD., but after some thinking I ditched the idea of a PhD.

I really don't know what my GPA is, if you include courses from way back when. UF computes a math/science GPA and discards anything else. For instance, I made a D in cultural anthropology, which really has no reflection on how I will do in pharmacy school. UF also doesn't honor grade replacement, which is fair. If someone made a C in calculus, then retook it and made an A, he gets computed as a B. He should have a lower GPA than someone who got an A the first time around.

Anyway, my math/science GPA is 3.9 with one class still in progress which is A&P II.

My real GPA would be considerably lower.

Members don't see this ad :)
pharm schools want at least 3.60???

No... considering my first 2 years of undergrad Chemical Engineering (what a joke!) left me with a 2.75

But in the interview, they were pretty impressed that I was doing Chem E... so I guess they forgave my GPA. I had to explain some of my D's though...

TCB,

Don't count yourself out of ANY OF THE CA SCHOOLS You've got a chance at any of them. The easiest ones are Western and UOP. I think western is probaby easier than uop. Western's in LA, btw. ucsf and usc take a close look at your ECs and stuff, so you've got a chance there too. I know that ucsd pays a lot of attention to numbers, so that's a tough one either way, but you never know. Apply to any school you're interested in. Don't select yourself out. That's what other applicants are hoping you'll do.