Congratulations to the Psychiatry forum!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anasazi23

Your Digital Ruler
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I meant to do this earlier...and completely forgot.

I'd like to congratulate the psychiatry forum on hitting 1000 threads recently!
The forum has picked up dramatically in the last number of months. It's great to see, and with more medical students entering psychiatry as their specialty, it will hopefully grow even more.

Thanks to all who have contributed!
:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Anasazi23 said:
I meant to do this earlier...and completely forgot.

I'd like to congratulate the psychiatry forum on hitting 1000 posts recently!
The forum has picked up dramatically in the last number of months. It's great to see, and with more medical students entering psychiatry as their specialty, it will hopefully grow even more.

Thanks to all who have contributed!
:clap:

Hmm...I wonder what proportion of those 1000+ posts are comments on psychologist RxP?

Oh, esteemed digital ruler!

In your haste to announce this great happening, it appears as though your keyboard incorrectly translated "threads" as "posts".

Your humble servant, as always,

Miklos

Members don't see this ad :)
I noticed it also. Thanks for showing me. I corrected it at the same time the astute posters noticed the same. Leave it to PH to drag even this benign thread into that topic which shall not be named.

Anasazi23 said:
I noticed it also. Thanks for showing me. I corrected it at the same time the astute posters noticed the same. Leave it to PH to drag even this benign thread into that topic which shall not be named.

Ah, come on, sazi, you know I love ya... :love:

Anasazi23 said:
with more medical students entering psychiatry as their specialty, it will hopefully grow even more.

One tidbit I picked up on the interview trail: Out of a class of 90 or so students at UC-Irvine, 20 are going into psych! Good news in general for the profession (unless you are interviewing for a spot in California, that is).

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
watto said:
One tidbit I picked up on the interview trail: Out of a class of 90 or so students at UC-Irvine, 20 are going into psych! Good news in general for the profession (unless you are interviewing for a spot in California, that is).

People are finally realizing what a cool specialty it is :cool:

:laugh: :laugh:
OldPsychDoc said:
Either that, or UC-Irvine has "issues". ;)
:laugh:

Also OPD, your expertise is summoned in the Psychiatrist Prescribing Drugs thread :) Thanks!

PublicHealth said:
Ah, come on, sazi, you know I love ya... :love:

Of course....I had a smirk on my face when I wrote that. (It was a lame Harry Potter reference that I figured you'd appreciate).

Have people generally seen more interest in psychiatry in their med schools this year?

Anasazi23 said:
Of course....I had a smirk on my face when I wrote that. (It was a lame Harry Potter reference that I figured you'd appreciate).

Have people generally seen more interest in psychiatry in their med schools this year?

8/150 in my original graduating class (2004) went into psych - I think its even more this year and 8/150 last year - I think more are going into it this year.

Anasazi23 said:

In last year's graduating class, psych was the second most popular specialty, second only to internal medicine. This year there are 12-13 out of about 150.

I attribute a lot of this to excellent neuroscience teaching. Our school has a very well-run and well-liked neuroscience module in both the first and second years, and this year they started a "neurosciences track" for incoming first years.