Connection Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have this really cool doctor friend that goes way out of his way to help me. He graduated from Case Western Reserve Med and is finishing up his Spine Fellowship in San Diego. He asked me a few days ago what med schools I was applying to, so I told him. His response was that since he went to CWRU, his brother and father went to Cincinnati, and his wife went to George Washington, he'll have everyone write letters to the dean of admissions of the above mentioned schools. Can this help? Will the admissions people be annoyed with all of this? What do you think I should do?

Thanks!!!

UCLA Paratrooper

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it will help significantly more than any other good recomendation... but I guess you never know for sure. :)

Nah probably won't help unless they have REAL pull with the deans (personal friends, worked with them or know them well some other way). There's TONS of grads out there of each school that do this every year. --Trek

Hey You never Know!

Thanks for the replies...I guess I'll give it a shot.

UCLA Paratrooper