1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Connections after graduation?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by freedyx3, Jun 1, 2002.

1. freedyx3

freedyx3 I'm Columbian
    7+ Year Member

Hi all

Just wondering how big of a factor are connections that a certain dental school has after you grad from that school so you can easily find a good job.

Also, if you grad from a certain school, are you somewhat limited to jobs located near that school? Would it be harder to find a job which is located away from that school?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iflossdaily

iflossdaily Membership Revoked
    Removed

Well, connections certainly help but I'm pretty sure you can go anywhere as long as you're good enough to pass state boards.
    Some states like Oregon and California now allow you to practice without taking their boards as long as you have a certain amount of practice experience in another state.
    You can also use placement agencies. It might be tough to find the ideal situation right away because I'm assuming those who went to 'native' schools have more info/connections.
    --I got that info. from my dentist--

4. Big_Poppa DDS

Big_Poppa DDS Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Passing state boards is pretty much all it takes. California now accepts licensure by credentials, and Oregon is a wreb state, but now also accepts CRDTS.

From what I know, about 15 states accept CRDTs and because the test is compensatory, it is not that hard to pass. (meaning you could fail a section like perio, but still have a passing score and pass). About 75% pass Crdts, Wrebs supposedly is easier and about 85% pass.

5. iflossdaily

iflossdaily Membership Revoked
    Removed

Big Poppa,
    What is CRDTS? If a graduating dental student wants to move cross-country does he/her have to fly board patients and pay for their accomadations? thanks...