Conrad Fischer or Wazir Kodrath?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phoenix89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So yeah, I have the Kaplan Videos from 2007 and 2010, and I watched a few Kodrath videos from 2007 and a couple Fischer from 2010, and I found the 2007 Kodrath physio videos vastly superior.

Fischer just wastes too much time with his rambling and jokes, and it seriously gets annoying because I am trying to learn as much as possible in the shortest amount of time possible, and Fischer just takes a 2 minute topic and turns it into a 10 minute one with his jokes and imitiations.

Am I the only one who finds Dr Fischer annoying, because everyone else seems to be in love with him

Members don't see this ad.

So yeah, I have the Kaplan Videos from 2007 and 2010, and I watched a few Kodrath videos from 2007 and a couple Fischer from 2010, and I found the 2007 Kodrath physio videos vastly superior.

Fischer just wastes too much time with his rambling and jokes, and it seriously gets annoying because I am trying to learn as much as possible in the shortest amount of time possible, and Fischer just takes a 2 minute topic and turns it into a 10 minute one with his jokes and imitiations.

Am I the only one who finds Dr Fischer annoying, because everyone else seems to be in love with him

I like Kudrath as well, wish he had done cardio. We actually have Dr. Fischer do our physio board review and he does do the extra stuff. But I think when your sitting in lecture it helps that he is a little animated because its hard to sit there for 4-5hrs straight and not be distracted. So he kind of gives you mental breaks in between lecturing, but on the kaplan vidoes I wish he would have cut that stuff out at least a little bit.

They are both great though, enhanced my physio knowledge, as well as dr. raymond for pharm, he's awesome.

I agree with that; Dr Raymond is the best teacher Kaplan has to offer, that guy makes a subject like Pharma fun! And the way he uses blends physio, patho and the other subjects with pharm, it's just brilliant.

I honestly think Kodrath and Raymond are the best Kaplan teachers, with that Anatomy teacher close behind.

Agree, I found myself not getting much out of Conrad's lectures, although Cardio/Pulmonary/Renal videos are good.

Members don't see this ad :)

Fischer great for Step 2. I would shoot myself if I had to listen to him for Step 1. that being said, I had the Haitian guy who drew with his mouse which, well, i skipped, and used BRS instead. Conrad is annoying, but I PROMISE you, hsi obnoxious bullshitting helps things stick, and its the right things that stick. Though, to be honest, I've not used him for Step 1. I trust him for Step 2.

Fischer great for Step 2. I would shoot myself if I had to listen to him for Step 1. that being said, I had the Haitian guy who drew with his mouse which, well, i skipped, and used BRS instead. Conrad is annoying, but I PROMISE you, hsi obnoxious bullshitting helps things stick, and its the right things that stick. Though, to be honest, I've not used him for Step 1. I trust him for Step 2.

Agreed fully. Conrad Fischer (who is in real life IM and ID) teachers many of the IM clinical concepts in the Step 2 and Step 3 videos very very well.

This is why people love him

I did look at the Step 1 videos with Fischer. Same guy but the basic physio concepts he teaches don't quite work with the didactic and almost pedantic style of teaching he has.

Dr. Fischer was awesome for step 1; his tangents kept it interesting and definitely memorable. Dr. Kudrath was also awesome but by far I felt Dr. F was more helpful for me.

I would also agree that Dr. Raymond is the best instructor overall. He is hilarious in a strange way and keeps the material interesting.

Conrad Fischer. But he's also my physiology teacher in school :)

with that Anatomy teacher close behind.

Are you referring to the 2007 or 2010 kaplan videos? I just bombed anatomy and neuro on NBME 7, and I need all the help I can get. If anyone also has suggestions for neuro, I am all ears. I dislike both subjects with a passion, especially neuro, so any advice on what videos to use would be appreciated.

Are you referring to the 2007 or 2010 kaplan videos? I just bombed anatomy and neuro on NBME 7, and I need all the help I can get. If anyone also has suggestions for neuro, I am all ears. I dislike both subjects with a passion, especially neuro, so any advice on what videos to use would be appreciated.

2010 videos. He's not as awesome as Dr Raymond or Pathoma's Dr Sattar who just stick things in your head; but he can help with the complicated tracts and pathways of neuro. Neuro is my weakest subject as well, and the Kaplan videos helped me out a tad.