conscious sedation for wisdom teeth removal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMW83

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my dentist referred me and scheduled an appointment with an oral surgeon for a consultation and x rays and mouth exam on may 16. then the surgery will be scheduled in order to have the 4 wisdom teeth taken out. I was told by the dentist that the oral surgeon will use "conscious sedation" for the procedure.

I have never had conscious sedation in my life. I've only had general anesthesia. I have looked it up but mainly get information on pediatric conscious sedation, which is no help to a 22 year old female with no kids.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this? Also on the average cost it is to get wisdom teeth pulled by an oral surgeon. I have heard that it may cost $500-$700 PER TOOTH. Is that true or shall I take that quote with the proverbial grain of salt?

Members don't see this ad.

These are all questions you should discuss with your oral surgeon & the dentist who referred you to him. Sorry, but SDN isn't for soliciting professional advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.