Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Consequences of accepting...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by happy snake, Apr 17, 2007.

1. happy snake

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Guys, if I send in the deposit to hold my seat does it affect my chances at other schools?

Can I hold multiple acceptances, make my ultimate choice before May 15th and then go on to accept another school after that date?

How exactly does the May 15 deadline work? Do I have to send any additional letters of intent before then? Confused.

Thanks for replying! I'd also appreciate if anyone could point me to another thread. Thanks so much!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Once you pick a school by May 15, all your other actual acceptances go away (you are supposed to let them know by May 15) -- those options are gone and you never get them back. So pick wisely. The May 15 deadline does not apply to waitlist schools -- if you get in off one of your waitlists over the summer, you can attend. The deposit won't affect your chances, just hold a seat.

4. happy snake

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks so much Law2Doc. That helped clear things up! :thumbup: