Consequences of accepting...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happy snake

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, if I send in the deposit to hold my seat does it affect my chances at other schools?

Can I hold multiple acceptances, make my ultimate choice before May 15th and then go on to accept another school after that date?

How exactly does the May 15 deadline work? Do I have to send any additional letters of intent before then? Confused.

Thanks for replying! I'd also appreciate if anyone could point me to another thread. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, if I send in the deposit to hold my seat does it affect my chances at other schools?

Can I hold multiple acceptances, make my ultimate choice before May 15th and then go on to accept another school after that date?

How exactly does the May 15 deadline work? Do I have to send any additional letters of intent before then? Confused.

Thanks for replying! I'd also appreciate if anyone could point me to another thread. Thanks so much!

Once you pick a school by May 15, all your other actual acceptances go away (you are supposed to let them know by May 15) -- those options are gone and you never get them back. So pick wisely. The May 15 deadline does not apply to waitlist schools -- if you get in off one of your waitlists over the summer, you can attend. The deposit won't affect your chances, just hold a seat.

Once you pick a school by May 15, all your other actual acceptances go away (you are supposed to let them know by May 15) -- those options are gone and you never get them back. So pick wisely. The May 15 deadline does not apply to waitlist schools -- if you get in off one of your waitlists over the summer, you can attend. The deposit won't affect your chances, just hold a seat.

Thanks so much Law2Doc. That helped clear things up! :thumbup: