Conservative or GQ: That is the Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtrain5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I consider myself a pretty stylish guy. I am planning on getting a form fitting, high button, "GQ'ish" suit for my interviews. I know that you should be somewhat conservative with your shirt and tie choice, but is is acceptable to go into an interview looking trendy, or would it be better to go with a more traditional 3-button suit?

Members don't see this ad.

dtrain5 said:
I consider myself a pretty stylish guy. I am planning on getting a form fitting, high button, "GQ'ish" suit for my interviews. I know that you should be somewhat conservative with your shirt and tie choice, but is is acceptable to go into an interview looking trendy, or would it be better to go with a more traditional 3-button suit?
Id say traditional but with a little bit of personal style, and no mickey mouse ties lol, but hey its just one chicks opinion. use whateve suit you feel good

dtrain5 said:

Conservative. I know for residency interviews, they tell you to be incredibly modest.

I dont see why the same wouldn't apply here.

Members don't see this ad :)
just black, or are darker colors ok?

Conservative, just to be safe.