Considering a position at Veterans Administration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IDMd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering applying for a position at a VA hospital but have a question about some of the incentives offered in the job description.

The job description states the position is authorized for a recruitment incentive along with a relocation incentive however after lengthly discussions with office admin it sounds like recruitment incentives don't apply.

Does anyone here currently work for the VA and received a recruitment incentive for accepting an offer? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently at the VA now. If you accept any type of recruitment incentive, you could be locked into a contract compared to if you didn't.

Thanks for the reply. Were you offered a recruitment incentive when you took your position? If so, do you recall the contract length? I have been officially offered the VA job but haven't been given any formal paperwork. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. Were you offered a recruitment incentive when you took your position? If so, do you recall the contract length? I have been officially offered the VA job but haven't been given any formal paperwork. Thanks.
I was offered but it never materialized. So at this point I'm better off without a contract. You won't get any paperwork until you arrive for your first day at orientation; However, you should have gotten a verbal idea of what your pay will be through HR when they called to offer the job and you verbally accepted it.