• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Considering nursing home volunteering as non-clinical

Premedstudent149

2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2018
Hello, I’m currently in the process of applying and I was wondering if I could considering nursing home volunteering as a non-clinical experience? My volunteering mainly involves leading activities with the residents and engaging in conversations. I did not follow any of the doctors or nurses. I’m asking since I already have clinical volunteering experience but no other significant non-clinical volunteering. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this.

Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
  1. Attending Physician
Hello, I’m currently in the process of applying and I was wondering if I could considering nursing home volunteering as a non-clinical experience? My volunteering mainly involves leading activities with the residents and engaging in conversations. I did not follow any of the doctors or nurses. I’m asking since I already have clinical volunteering experience but no other significant non-clinical volunteering. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this.
You are interacting with "residents," not patients. It is not a clinical experience for AMCAS purposes. You do not describe a role that has anything to do with the medical issues of the folks with whom you interact.

Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.